- Mr. Harry SpenceMassachusetts Trial Court Administrator
State Your Objection for the Record: Preserve the integrity of Mass. trial transcripts!
THE RECORD IN THE TRIAL COURT
Citizens of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts deserve the best available means of producing transcripts of Trial Court proceedings.
We are concerned about the Trial Court's decision to eliminate Official Court Reporters and to outsource transcription of the For The Record, Ltd. digital audio recordings to a national company. The quality of transcripts is an important and integral part of our justice system in Massachusetts, and transcript preparation should remain with our local professionals.
We agree that:
1) Certified per diem court reporters should be available upon motion to the Court for first-degree murder and life-felony criminal trials.
2) Attorneys should have the ability to hire a certified court reporter to cover civil proceedings and the court reporter's transcript deemed the official record.
3) Digital audio recordings of both criminal and civil Trial Court proceedings should be transcribed by local, approved transcribers and/or certified court reporters and not outsourced.
- Massachusetts Trial Court Administrator
Mr. Harry Spence
State your objection for the record: Preserve the integrity of Mass. trial transcripts!
Massachusetts Court Reporters Association started this petition with a single signature, and now has 802 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.