Maintain the free three (3) hour parking in the Park Ridge Uptown parking lot
This petition had 1,663 supporters
We are concerned citizens about the reduction of parking times in the Uptown Parking lot. We urge our leaders to maintain the current three (3) hour parking times in the Uptown Parking Lot.
The decision to reduce the time limits to 90 minutes will have a severe negative impact on businesses and customers in the Uptown Shopping District.
This change will:
- Severely restrict customers ability to spend time shopping and dining at multiple businesses and restaurants
- Divert Uptown customers to neighboring Edison Park, Rosemont, and other communities that offer longer term parking options
- Negatively impact service businesses such as salons and spas with average service times in excess of 90 minutes
- Increase pedestrian traffic across busy Northwest Highway leading to increased risk of injury
- Discourage seniors, families with young children and persons with disabilities from shopping in Uptown due to being forced to park in remote lots
We ask that you maintain (or increase) the existing times or consider a modernized meter option with mobile pay or alternative parking solution that offer customers more time options.
Today: Rich is counting on you
Rich Milz needs your help with “Marty Maloney Mayor : Maintain the free three (3) hour parking in the Park Ridge Uptown parking lot”. Join Rich and 1,662 supporters today.