Ensure DA 201500105 is stopped
This petition made change with 529 supporters!
Local residents who live near the 32–72 Alice Street, Newtown, development are aware that the latest DA (DA201500105, which proposes to add an additional two storeys to the existing development, as well as increasing the size of the roof terraces) has been deemed to be refused by Marrickville Council, and that the developer, Al Maha Pty Ltd, has appealed to the Land and Environment Court against this deemed refusal.
In response to DA201500105 and the perceived lack of community consultation by Marrickville Council, we have formed a community action group, and we would like to petition Marrickville Council for the following:
· Marrickville Council to prioritise concerns of local residents by strongly advocating on local residents’ behalf at every stage of the DA’s progress, including in the Land and Environment Court.
· The application for two extra storeys, which not only contravenes local Floor Space Ration regulations, but was denied in the original application, should be stopped, and Council should do everything in their power to ensure the LEC upholds the deemed refusal.
· The Council should hold a meeting with residents to give them the opportunity to voice their concerns, and to outline Council’s plan for ensuring the DA does not get approval.
· The Developer, Al Maha Pty Ltd, should strictly adhere to the rules and regulations around noise pollution and hours of construction. This should include ensuring adequate footpaths for pedestrians around the development site.
· Parking and traffic management in the streets surrounding the development should be reviewed by Marrickville Council as a priority, and then updated to avoid further congestion and safety issues.
· The right to privacy for local residents should be recognised, and the developer and Marrickville Council should develop mechanisms and plans to better protect residents’ privacy both during construction and after the development is completed.
Please also join our Facebook group if you haven't already at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/393602930822975/
Today: Emma is counting on you
Emma Rafferty needs your help with “Marrickville Council: Ensure Alice Street DA201500105 is stopped”. Join Emma and 528 supporters today.