We reject the state visit of Enrique Peña Nieto to the Netherlands on April 24
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
The government headed by Enrique Peña Nieto is responsible for the terrible social, political and economic conditions in Mexico. Under his mandate:
* 117 000 victims of homicide (70 every day)
* 35 000 missing
* 8 000 femicides (7 every day)
* More than 40 journalists killed
* More than 125 clandestine graves
* Corrupt and unpunished politicians, included himself for the "White house" affair, a property worth 7 million dollars and built by the president's favorite contractor group and acquired with opacity. The journalists who uncovered the case were fired and harassed by the government.
* In the 2017 report, Amnesty International highlights the involvement of authorities in disappearances and almost total impunity for killings of journalists and human rights defenders.
* The disappearance of 43 students of Ayotzinapa. Several reports point to the involvement of the army (in this and many other cases of deaths and disappearances of civilians) but have never been questioned or investigated.
By inviting a president, who is the head of a corrupt government and violates human rights, proves that the Netherlands considers the economic interests the only priority. The opening of the energy market in Mexico to private investment makes it easy for the Prime Minister and the Kings of the Netherlands to look the other way.
Today: Dianeth is counting on you
Dianeth Perez Arreola needs your help with “Mark Rutte: We reject the state visit of Enrique Peña Nieto to the Netherlands on April 24”. Join Dianeth and 159 supporters today.