The time is now - build a new Middle School in Manheim Township!
This petition made change with 265 supporters!
Strong schools lead to strong communities! Let the Manheim Township school board know that NOW is the time to move forward and build a new Middle School.
The current Manheim Township Middle School no longer meets the educational needs of our students, it is over crowded and is beyond repair. Now is the time for our community to come together and build a new Middle School for our children. A school that will meet the educational needs for ALL of our students. A school that will prepare our students to be competitive with their peers whether they plan to attend college or enter the work force. A school that will allow our teachers to continue to educate our children in the standard we have come to expect from the Manheim Township school district. A school that is safe.
To learn all of the facts about this project please see below for a brief description or visit https://www.mtwp.net/2017/02/mtsd-holds-middle-school-renovation-public-meeting/ to view the presentation by the engineers.
To view the presentation by the financial consultants visit https://www.mtwp.net/2017/02/information-on-february-23-school-board-meeting/
The School Board will host its next meeting at the Middle School on Thursday, February 23 at 7pm. This is a special meeting to vote on the Middle School project.
"Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it".
Marian Wright Edelman
The financial consultants presented two different scenarios based upon:
$70 million project
Current Interest rates plus 1%
No increase in tax base (average growth over last 5 years just around 1%)
The information below is based on the median assessed home value of $163,500.
4 year: Yearly / Monthly Contribution
2018 - $32.05 / $2.67
2019 - $64.09 / $5.34
2020 - $96.30 / $8.03
2021-2033 - $128.51 / $10.71
The 4 year example is based solely upon an increase in tax dollars. The total contribution of tax dollars to the MS project in the 4 year example over 16 years is $1863.08.
7 year: Yearly / Monthly Contribution
2018 - $18.31 / $1.53
2019 - $36.62 / $3.05
2020 - $54.94 / $4.58
2021 - $73.25 / $6.10
2022 - $91.56 / $7.63
2023 - $110.04 / $9.17
2024-2033 - $128.51 / $10.71
The 7 year example includes using cash set aside for capital projects plus an increase in tax dollars. The total contribution of tax dollars to the MS project for the 7 year model over 16 years is $1669.83
- Renovate the existing middle school only, with no program modifications – estimated $42-45 million
- Renovations and additions to Middle School with program modifications – estimated $54-59 million
- Convert Landis Run Intermediate School to a 7-8 Middle School
- and renovate existing Middle School for grades 5-6 – estimated $52-57 million
- 3-story Middle School addition onto the High School – estimated $64-69 million
- 4-story Middle School addition onto the High School – estimated $67-72 million
- New 3-story Middle School on north athletic field – estimated $63-68 million
- New 4-story Middle School on north athletic field – estimated $64-69 million
- New 2-story Middle School on west property line – estimated $63-68 million
- New 3-story Middle School on west property line – estimated $64-69 million
Today: Leslee is counting on you
Leslee Forman needs your help with “Manheim Township School Board: The time is now - build a new Middle School in Manheim Township!”. Join Leslee and 264 supporters today.