Monitoring and evaluation of play schools, pre schools and day cares
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Early years are the most important years for a child's life. The stimulation and experiences received in the first six years of life play a crucial role in the child's holistic development. Children are the future of the nation and therefore, it is our responsibility to provide them with everything that is best for their growth and development.
Due to lack of rules and monitoring, crèches, daycares, play schools and preschools have opened up in every nook and corner. Often these are one roomed shabby places with no or poor facilities and under qualified staff. Such incompetent "schools" or alternate care places are harming the mental health of children and deteriorating their quality of life.
Hence, there is an urgent need to conduct evaluation ( Appropriateness Audit) of such existing institutes and provide them with No Objection Certificates. The following steps can be taken into account for doing so:
1. Determining Minimum Quality Standards for such institutions.
2. Conducting audits regarding aspects like infrastructure, qualification of staff, safety measures etc.
3. Time of 1-2 months should be given to institutes who lack a bit in the set standards. Extremely inhumane places should be immediately shut down.
4. Follow up audit should be done to provide NOC to institutes which improve after the first audit.
5. Set up a regulatory body to check opening of such institutes in future. Prior permission and quality check should be done to obtain NOC.
6. Mass level parents awareness workshops/ advertising should be done.
Institutes failing the audit should be brought down immediately. A system of licensing and NOC should be brought into practice. Regular audit of institutes even after getting NOC should be done.
Today: Shreya is counting on you
Shreya Bengani needs your help with “Maneka Gandhi: Monitoring and evaluation of play schools, pre schools and day cares”. Join Shreya and 5 supporters today.