Manchester Evening News: Take action on your irresponsible 'secret beach' news story
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
Edit: As several contributors have pointed out The Huddersfield Daily Examiner has also run this story under 'The beach within 18 miles of Huddersfield that's perfect for enjoying this weekend's warm weather'. The petition will be forwarded to them in due course as the points made below are also applicable to this publication.
'The secret beach under an hour's drive from Manchester' published by Manchester Evening News in May 2017 and again in April 2018 has severely impacted the residents of Lumbutts, Todmorden. The roads servicing the area have been inundated with far more visitors than they are able to handle, preventing access by residents, bus services and emergency vehicles.
We call on the Manchester Evening News to be responsible and take the following action:
- State the nearby vicinity is not accessible for large amounts of traffic and parking
- Direct visitors to park near main roads and access the site via bus and taxi services
- Properly illustrate the size and scope of the 'beach' area and the on-foot journey required to access it
- Encourage visitors to be prepared to properly dispose of their waste
- Consider withdrawing the publication
Today: Kris is counting on you
Kris Heath needs your help with “Manchester Evening News: Manchester Evening News: Take action on your irresponsible 'secret beach' news story”. Join Kris and 1,358 supporters today.