Superannuation hardship rules for farmers
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
We call on the Federal Government to bring in an urgent six month amnesty on superannuation hardship rules to allow farmers access to their superannuation funds.
Farmers from areas suffering the worst drought in living memory may not be comfortable with the red tape involved to receive the FHA assistance, and the money may not arrive in time.
Accessing just $10,000 from superannuation might be a lifesaver to stop the shooting of starving farm animals caused by drought.
Superannuation hardship relief combined with the recent Turnbull announcement, will make a difference.
• Agriculture Minister David Littleproud said 19,000 people are eligible for Farm Household Allowance (FHA).
• The application process has come under fire, with arduous forms and red tape turning some farmers away from seeking support.
• Rural Financial Counsellors, who provide free services to help people apply for FHA, are few and far between and inundated.
• There are 25,000 ASIC registered financial planners in Australia who can provide pro-bono services, and are equipped to manage red tape.
• The only red tape stopping farmers from accessing superannuation hardship payments is having to receive Centrelink for 39 weeks.
Please sign this petition to help farmers access their superannuation funds under hardship provisions.
Today: Julie is counting on you
Julie Matheson, CFP needs your help with “Malcolm Turnbull: Superannuation hardship rules for farmers”. Join Julie and 266 supporters today.