Commercials advertising Lysol Disinfectant Spray create the false assumption that Lysol Disinfectant Spray can be sprayed on toys and surfaces with no further action. Directions on each can of Lysol Spray clearly explain that Lysol Disinfectant Spray should be rinsed off before further use of toys or surfaces.
Lysol Disinfectant Spray contains Ethanol and Carbon Dioxide, two very toxic chemicals that should not come in contact with children's mouths or skin. Ethanol is the primary ingredient in Lysol spray and is highly flammable, especially under pressure. Prolonged inhalation in a closed environment will create headaches, cough, fatigue and drowsiness. Skin exposure might result in severe redness and burning. Lysol spray uses denatured ethanol, which can cause ethanol poisoning when ingested.
Lysol spray also contains carbon dioxide. It is colorless and odorless. In low amounts, carbon dioxide can affect your concentration. Increased amounts will cause your breathing rate to increase. And prolonged exposure can cause death from suffocation.
We are petitioning Reckitt Benckiser North America, the makers of Lysol Disinfectant Spray, to publicly apologize for their false advertisement of Lysol Disinfectant Spray, and to make a public service announcement about the proper use of Lysol Disinfectant Spray