Make racially motivated crime an act of terror and declare hate groups terrorist
0 have signed. Let’s get to 300,000!
As citizens of the United States and as living beings of the world, it is our responsibility to take responsibility for our future. America was built on the back of inequity and inequality. However, America is a country that that was meant to be created in the ideals that "All men are created equal," yet, as we see now more than ever that fairness has been a dream. We have the opportunity to use our voices to be on the right side of history. Now more than ever, we have the opportunity to create change for the betterment of society and to preserve what is left of the ideals laid within The Constitution.
Racism is at the forefront of more violence in this country than any other act. From slavery to Jim Crow and Segregation to the war on drugs and systematic indentured servitude along with mandatory minimum sentencing; covert racism has been a tradition ingrained in our society like hot dogs, baseball, and apple pie. However, there are not strict federal and national laws in place to combat acts of racism. Racist acts and racism is often either simply frowned upon or turned a blind eye towards.
I propose that we immediately enact legislation that protects people of all races, colors, creeds, and orientations from heinous and deplorable acts of physical, mental, or emotional racist/hate-motivated act(s) or action(s).
I propose that we make racially motivated crime an act of terror and racist/hate groups terrorist organizations.
I propose that we create George's Law to combat domestic racist terrorist.
Terrorism as defined by the F.B.I.:
International terrorism: Violent, criminal acts committed by individuals and/or groups who are inspired by, or associated with, designated foreign terrorist organizations or nations (state-sponsored).
Domestic terrorism: Violent, criminal acts committed by individuals and/or groups to further ideological goals stemming from domestic influences, such as those of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature.
I propose we consider the following:
- Expand the definition of terrorism to cover "domestic racist organizations" Which can be defined: A person who engages in domestic terrorism if they do a racially motivated act that is "dangerous to human life" that is a violation of the criminal laws of a state or the United States, or if the action appears to be race-related to: (i) intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of citizens by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping.
- Hate groups, including but not limited to The Klu Klux Klan, will be deemed as a terrorist organization and, as such, their members put on federal watch lists and incarcerated as such while being held to the amendments under the Freedom Act.
- The conviction of Hate crimes come with mandatory minimum sentencing. These crimes may include but not be limited to terror group hand signals, racism rhetoric, distribution and creation of racist propaganda and materials, an act of physical harm to another human being that is in the guise of an act of racist aggression and other racially motivated actions that result in mental, emotional, and bodily harm to an individual(s).
- Strick penalties for Conspiracy and Aiding and Abetting acts of racist terror. Under 18 U.S.C. § 2, acts of the perpetrator become the acts of the aider and abettor, and the person aiding, and abetting can be charged with having done the acts himself. Anyone who aids, abets, counsels, commands, induces, or procures the commission of a crime is just as punishable as the person primarily responsible for the crime.
- Law enforcement officers who kill a civilian in the line of duty be immediately taken into the custody of the police department and held without release up to 30 days after the incident or until a full investigation can be completed by obtaining reviewing witness testimony, body-cam footage, and all other means of corroboration. If the officer acted within their rights as law enforcement, they are to be reinstated at the time of completion. If found that the officer has failed to comply with local state and federal law, they will be arrested and detained until a fair and reasonable trial date.
This is simply a high-level overview of what I believe can be an immediate step in the right direction
We are at a pivotal point in history.
The aim of this petition is to create fairness and equality in the world. We will take this petition to both state and federal governments as well as the President, Congress, Supreme Court and The House of Representatives.
Today, as Americans, and people of the world we are faced with making decisions that are going to put us in a position to change not only the shape of our country, but history itself.
Please help us make racially motivated crime an act of terror and racist/hate groups terrorist organizations by creating George's Law.
Now is the time to ask yourself what side of history do you want to be on?
Michael Anthony is an advocate for adult survivors of child abuse, international speaker, and author of Think Unbroken. @MichaelUnbroken
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 300,000!