Request Madison Planning Commission and City Council Disapproval of Rezoning Petition
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Louis Breland is requesting that the City of Madison rezone property located south of Norfolk Southern Railroad and west of Kyser Blvd from M1 (Restricted Industrial) and M2 (General Industrial Districts) to R4 (Multi-Family Residential District).
The following reasons for disapproval of rezoning requests was recommended by the City of Madison Planning & Economic Development Department (ref: http://www.madisonal.gov/documentcenter/view/10379 and residents of the Fieldcrest Community:
1) It is not timely for the school district, which is at capacity in some schools already and projected to exceed capacity at the middle school level within four years and district wide within 10 years.
2) It is not in the city’s long-term interests in terms of maintaining and growing its industrial base, which provides jobs and supports day-time businesses.
3) It is not in the City’s fiscal interest as residential development is fiscally negative.
4) Due to the existing industrial uses in the vicinity and airport noise impacts, residential development is not a compatible land use.
5) Traffic congestion would increase tremendously as new multi-family residency would increase merging hazards onto Sullivan St. due to non-existent traffic light systems at the intersections of Kyser Blvd. and Royal Dr. Madison City School System Bus Garage is located on Royal Dr. and existing residential traffic currently experience large traffic merger delays.
6) Pedestrian and vehicular traffic has increased along Fieldcrest Community roadways (Arrowhead Tr., Brandon Dr., and Todd Dr.) as non-community residents travel Royal Dr. and Kyser Blvd. Excessive speed and the increase of non-community residents has created potentially dangerous situations for the children and residents of Fieldcrest.
7) Madison Police Department has experienced an increase in criminal or otherwise suspicious activity complaints from Fieldcrest residents for theft of property, vandalism, harassment, etc. due to increased populace of seven current multi-family complexes on Kyser Blvd. and Royal Dr.
**Potential Alternatives: 1) Property rezoning be approved for R-2 (Single Family Residential District). **NOT currently proposed.
2) Current zone M-1 and M-2 remain unchanged.
Today: Robert is counting on you
Robert Kendall needs your help with “Madison Planning Commission: Disapproval of the City of Madison Zoning Request”. Join Robert and 40 supporters today.