Bring back pay on the spot parking in Mackay City Centre
This petition had 185 supporters
Mackay Regional Council has implemented a complicated and costly new system for Mackay City Centre carparks where locals are forced to sign up on their smart phone and use their credit card just to park to go to the shops.
These are just some of the problems with PayStay:
- No option to pay for parking with coins, cash or by Paypass on the spot like most other modern car parks across Australia.
- Many senior residents don't have a smart phone or a credit card.
- All Council car parks, including the new library and cinemas, are affected.
- There are extra fees and charges associated with parking including reminder fees, admin fees and transaction fees on top of parking costs.
- The new top-up system means you'll have to pay a minimum of $5 every time you top up.
- PayStay camera vehicles continuously roam the carpark and automatically fine residents who haven't signed up before entering.
- If you call Council with a problem, operators refer you back to the PayStay company.
- The harder it is to park in the City Centre, the less likely people will go there causing even more shops to close.
While there are benefits with the new system, we don't think it suits everyone and there should still be a pay on the spot option like most modern car parks across Australia.
Today: Todd is counting on you
Todd Saunders needs your help with “Mackay Regional Council : Bring back hassle-free parking in Mackay City Centre”. Join Todd and 184 supporters today.