Start supporting responsible pet owners
This petition had 170 supporters
Responsible pet owners are left alone in Quebec, Canada - especially if their pet is missing, stolen or lost because:
* Most official pet rescue organizations ignore the help requests of missing pet owners. Active help is not available for the majority of missing pet owners.
* 95% of organizations involved in animal rescue don't have microchip readers. Pets carrying a microchip are facing euthanasia within few days. Owners will not get the crucial info where to find their pet but have to show up in person to claim their pet.
* In greater Montreal Area alone are 170 pet rescue organizations. Impossible for pet owners to check everywhere in person.
Petition on the welfare of pets and lost animals in the province of Quebec.
1. To ensure all organizations involved in animal rescue have access to microchip readers.
2. To introduce measures to ensure all stray and found pets in shelters, pounds, rescue organizations, foster families have to be checked for a micrnochip.
3. If a microchip is detected to ensure that the pet register is contacted immediately that this pet is found. The pet register will contact the pet owner to ensure the found pet will be picked up.
4. To put in place a system for mandatory microchipping and registering of all cats and dogs.
5. To ban the killing of pets and stray animals carrying a microchip in shelters.
6. To implement animal welfare as subject in schools.
Thank you for your decision to support responsible pet owners.
In memory of the lost cat Gaïa: http://petluck.ca/27642
7. To ensure all deceaded pets found on the streets are checked for a microchip as well.
In memory of Charlotte: http://petluck.ca/28302
Today: Karen is counting on you
Karen Hunte needs your help with “M. François Gendron - Minister of Agriculture, Fishery and Food of Quebec: Start supporting responsible pet owners”. Join Karen and 169 supporters today.