Bring transparency in Housing Societies.
This petition had 64 supporters
Currently, General Body / Managing Committee Meetings of Housing Societies are experiencing the following situations:
1. Meetings are not conducted as per the norms laid down in Cooperative Act
2. Meetings are held without quorum
3. Issues discussed are not recorded in the Minutes
4. Issues that are not discussed are recorded in the minutes
5. Issues are recorded in the minutes partially as per the convenience of the Managing Committee
6. Issues discussed are recorded in the minutes wrongly, many times with the objective of manipulation and distortion
When the draft minutes is circulated, the comments and rectifications that are pointed out are ignored and not incorporated by the Managing Committee, who challenge the concerned Members to go to Co-operative Court for rectifying the minutes.
A significant way to control / restrict manipulation of Minutes is to generate solid evidence of meetings in the form of audio / video recordings. If the Managing Committee alone is permitted to do audio / video record the proceedings of meetings, the copies that they circulate would be edited to their advantage. If the Members manage to record the proceedings of the meetings secretly, this method could lead to unpleasant situations during the meetings. Also, the evidence collected in such a manner could involve a lengthier process to find acceptance in a Court of Law as reliable evidence.
Under the circumstances, any / every / all Members should be given blanket permission by Law to audio / video record the proceedings of the meetings, so that no objections / restrictions are raised by the Managing Committee at the time of meetings.
Today: Ramdas is counting on you
Ramdas Warrier needs your help with “M: Bring transparency in Housing Societies.”. Join Ramdas and 63 supporters today.