Louisiana Police Reform
0 have signed. Let’s get to 15,000!
Louisiana Citizens Demand for Justice
The George Floyd murder in Minneapolis has again exposed failures of police reform as our nation watched him murdered by police officers on May 25, 2020. As we stand today, a unified league of the Faith Based Community, Business Owners, Attorneys, Students, Homeowners, and Concerned Citizens, we come courageously in pursuit of Justice. The grave injustices has plagued our society without regard for proper discipline or reform. As citizens of the United States of America, and to the State of Louisiana, we come demanding reform in police policies and processes to eliminate these injustices.
To determine what is ethically good for the individual and for society, Aristotle said, “it is necessary to possess three virtues of practical wisdom: temperance, courage, and justice.”
We are requesting immediate changes by the law enforcement community to:
- Develop and pass comprehensive city and state legislation to end discriminatory, unlawful, and abusive police practices.
- Create a registry that includes all law enforcement officers who have formal complaints filed against them by any citizen for misconduct and violation of their human and civil rights. This registry is to be managed by the LA Justice Department.
- Develop a simplified in person and online process for citizens to file complaints against law enforcers.
- Conduct a thorough review of police union practices and eliminate practices such as those that allow the District Attorney to accept police union financial support.
- Creation of an independent committee made up of law enforcement officers and informed diverse citizens to draft the terms and agreement around what determines a valid complaint.
- Increase transparency and accountability with independent mechanisms for Law Enforcement oversight.
This petition was created by The Louisiana Faith Alliance. The Louisiana Faith Alliance is an association/fellowship launched by United Christian Faith Ministries Social Justice Ministry, United Excel, in Baton Rouge, LA. We will continue to monitor and review these demands. This is a call to action. Louisiana we must act and we must act now. Sign the petition.
Today: Malcolm is counting on you
Malcolm Stokes needs your help with “Louisiana State Police: Louisiana Police Reform”. Join Malcolm and 10,548 supporters today.