The proposed route for the 595 Express Bus from Sunrise to Civic Center will wreak havoc.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Commuters in the 595 Express Bus from Sunrise to Civic Center will be drastically inconvenienced if subjected to the proposed route during the Davie Park and Ride parking lot renovation. The reasons for this are numerous:
1) The added/alternative stop at the Tri-Rail Fort Lauderdale Airport Station will make it impossible to use the Turnpike during northbound rides which will in turn add a significant amount of time to P.M. commutes based on heavy traffic at the I-95/595 Interchange.
2) The added/alternative stop at the Tri-Rail Fort Lauderdale Airport Station does not serve the needs of most commuters on this bus who live further west in Broward County.
3) Riders who live south or east of BB&T Park and Ride will have to travel north and/or west to get to the stop only to have the bus retrace their paths and head back south and/or east which is a significant waste of resources and time for these commuters.
4) Ever since enforcement of unauthorized parking at the Davie Park and Ride improved, the parking there had been more than adequate such that shutting it down seems unnecessary at best and counterproductive at worst.
Therefore, we respectfully ask that either:
1) The Davie Park and Ride remain open and not renovated.
2) That BCT provide an alternative to the Davie Park and Ride that is along the 595 corridor, or
3) That the Fort Lauderdale Tri-Rail Station stop be scrapped altogether and that the bus travel directly from Sunrise to Civic Center.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Today: Lotem is counting on you
Lotem Levy needs your help with “Lotem Levy: The proposed route for the 595 Express Bus from Sunrise to Civic Center will wreak havoc.”. Join Lotem and 111 supporters today.