Show Your Support of Amazon HQ2 in Long Island City | Sign This Petition.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 15,000!
When we first started this petition it was to show support for Amazon HQ2 in LIC. Now it's to show Amazon we want them back.
Read the open letter in the New York Times signed by NYC community members, industry leaders, and political figures, all signing in support of Amazon, and an appeal to welcome the company and Jeff Bezos, back to New York City.
It's now or never. If you have not signed yet, the time is now. If you have, please share with your family, friends, colleagues and communities. Let's tell Amazon we want them and 25,000 jobs in New York City.
Join the voices of those who signed this letter of support:
- Plinio Ayala President & CEO, Per Scholas, Inc.
- Ajay Banga President & CEO, Mastercard
- Rob Basch President, Hunters Point Parks Conservancy
- Eric Benaim CEO, ModernSpaces
- Neil Blumenthal Co-Founder & Co-CEO, Warby Parker
- Seth Bornstein Executive Director, Queens Economic Development Corporation
- Josh Bowen Owner, John Brown Smokehouse
- Charles Boyce President and CEO, Boyce Technologies, Inc.
- Mary Cunningham Boyce Dean of Engineering and Applied Science, Columbia University
- Gianna P. Cerbone Owner & Chef, Manducatis Rustica VIG; President, Queens Council on the Arts and Board Member, LIC YMCA
- Kenneth I. Chenault Chairman & Managing Director, General Catalyst Partners
- Mark A.Christie President, Hunters Point Community Development Corporation
- Mario Cilento President, NYS, AFL-CIO
- Claudia Coger Tenant Association President, Astoria Houses
- Michael L. Corbat Chief Executive Officer, CitigroupInc. Hon.
- David Dinkins Former Mayor, City of New York
- Danny Donohue President, Civil Service Employees Association
- Donna Drimer President, Matted LIC Hazel Dukes President, NAACP New York State Conference
- Catherine Engelbert Chief Executive Officer, Deloitte
- Hector J. Figueroa President, 32BJ SEIU
- William E. Ford Chief Executive Officer, General Atlantic LLC
- James P. Gorman Chairman & CEO, Morgan Stanley
- Thomas Grech President & CEO, Queens Chamber of Commerce
- Rev. Dr. Johnnie Green Mount Neboh Baptist Church & President of MPAC (Mobilizing Pastors & Communities)
- George Gresham President, 1199 SEIU
- Andrew Hamilton President, New York University
- Christopher Hanway Executive Director, Jacob A. Riis Neighborhood Settlement
- Robin Hayes President & CEO, JetBlue Airways Corporation
- Jukay Hsu Founder & CEO, Pursuit
- Hon. Hakeem Jeffries Congressman, U.S. House of Representatives
- Dr. Angelo Ippolito, LIC Chiropractic
- Marion Jeffries President , NAACPAstoria/ LIC Branch
- Kristina Johnson Chancellor, State University of New York
- Jelena Kovacevic Dean, Tandon Schoolof Engineering, New York University
- Gary LaBarbera President, Building & Construction Trades Council of Greater New York
- Mary Beth Labate President, Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities
- Kevin S. Law President & CEO, Long Island Association
- Joey Levin Chief Executive Officer, IAC
- Anthony Lopez Executive Director, Zone 126
- Elizabeth Lusskin President, Long Island City Partnership
- Hon. Carolyn Maloney Congresswoman, U.S. House of Representative
- Rev. Corwin Mason Community Church of Astoria CAC
- Felix Matos Rodriguez Chancellor Designee, The City University of New York
- Bill McDermott Chief Executive Officer, SAP
- Hon. Gregory Meeks Congressman, U.S. House of Representatives
- Gail Mellow President, LaGuardia Community College
- Heidi Messer Co-Founder & Chairman, Collective|[i]
- Marc Morial Chief Executive Officer, National Urban League
- Anne Cotton Morris Citywide President and Tenant Association President, Woodside Houses
- Michael Mulgrew President, United Federation of Teachers
- Deanna M.Mulligan President & CEO, The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
- Hon. Catherine Nolan Assemblywoman, New York State Assembly
- Jon Oringer Founder & CEO, Shutterstock, Inc.
- Charles E. Phillips, Jr. Chief Executive Officer, Infor
- Rev. Gilbert Pickett Mount Horeb Baptist Church
- Martha Pollack President, Cornell University
- Miriam Porto Owner, Madera Cuban Grill & Steakhouse and R40 Argentinian Restaurant
- Frank “Turtle” Raffaele Founder, COFFEED
- Hon. Max Rose Congressman, U.S. House of Representatives
- Steven Rubenstein Chairman, Association fora Better New York
- Robert Rubin Former Secretary, U.S. Treasury
- William C. Rudin Co-Chairman & CEO, Rudin Management Company, Inc.
- Kevin P. Ryan Chairman & Founder, Zola, Workframe, Nomad Health, MongoDB, Inc.
- Kris Schrey President, Long Island City Parents Group
- Carlo Scissura President & CEO, NewYork Building Congress
- April Simpson Tenant Association President, Queensbridge Houses
- David M. Solomon Chairman & CEO, Goldman Sachs & Co.
- Rob Speyer President & CEO, Tishman Speyer
- Douglas C. Steiner Chairman, Steiner Studios
- Alan Suna Chief Executive Officer, Silvercup Studios
- Steven R. Swartz President & CEO, Hearst
- Bishop Mitchell Taylor Senior Pastor, Center of Hope International & Co-Founder, Urban Upbound
- Dennis Walcott President & CEO, Queens Library
- George H. Walker Chairman & CEO, Neuberger Berman Group LLC
- Peter T. Ward President, New York Hotel Trades Council
- Carol Wilkins Tenant Association President, Ravenswood Houses
- Fred Wilson Managing Partner & Chairman, CSNYC; Co-Chair, Tech:NYC; & Partner, Union Square Ventures
- Tom Wright President, Regional Plan Association
- Kathryn S. Wylde President & CEO, Partnership for New York City
- Rev. Patrick Henry Young First Baptist Church of East Elmhurst CAC
Today: BOROUGHS is counting on you
BOROUGHS FOR BUSINESS needs your help with “Long Island City Small Businesses: Collect Signatures in Support of Amazon HQ2 in Long Island City.”. Join BOROUGHS and 12,185 supporters today.