Petition against proposals to afflict double yellow lines along Nelson Road, Whitton.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
We would like to ask all parents/ carers who need to drive to St.Edmunds and Nelson primary schools to support our petition against Richmond Council’s Plans and Proposals to afflict double yellow lines along Nelson Road, Whitton.
Currently we oppose for the following reasons:
1. Nelson Road already has double yellow lines, where we see many parents using this without care to stop briefly and let their children out from their cars. Having more double yellow lines will increase this danger for the children. The children’s safety is what is paramount to all the parents and staff at the local schools.
2. Lot of St Edmund’s (approx. 420 students) and lot of Nelson Primary (approx. 470 students) parents travel further than Whitton to drop and pick up their children.
3. Already parents/carers face parking issues as there are only a limited amount of parking spaces in Lidl and Iceland.
4. The Church is not for the purpose of car parking for parents/carers, only for the Church worshipers parents/carers are unable to park here.
5. The traffic jams are caused by long vehicles/vans passing through and blocking traffic because of their size and not only parents/carers cars.
6. The closest road that parents/carers could park in would be Montrose Avenue or Whitton High Street which is also busy. This is approximately 0.5 miles from the schools, in adverse weather conditions, the walk to school would become unpleasant in freezing/icy/weather
7. Bus 481 service is only in the morning and one in the evening so this should not affect many people using the service. Having the Yellow lines would affect many more people.
8. It is not fair for parents/carers that do not have any option to park around schools, to provide safe transport for our children.
Today: Alicja is counting on you
Alicja Kaczmarek needs your help with “London borough of Richmond upon Thames: Petition against proposals to afflict double yellow lines along Nelson Road, Whitton.”. Join Alicja and 49 supporters today.