London Ban - All Disposable plastic
0 have signed. Let’s get to 10,000!
No time to WASTE the FUTURE needs us!
Lets get London to the forefront of making a change for the PLANET. We must be an example to other places in the world, as California, France & India have, to name a few!
Ban All Disposable Plastic! There are so many alternatives, from reusable to biodegradable. Let's encourage consumers and companies to think about waste impact!
Of the 1.5m tonnes of recyclable plastic waste used by consumers, only 500,000 tonnes is recycled!
Plastics industry has just lobbied to lower recycling targets! Shocking news! Allowing producers of disposable plastic to do as they please.
REFUSE - REDUCE - REUSE - RECYCLE - REPURPOSE
- San Francisco enforced ban of plastic bags in 2007, which lead on to the rest of California following.
- Irish plastic bag levy 2002 - all money from the plastic bag tax goes directly to the environment ministry for use in enforcement and clean-up projects.
- Dehli, India, ban of all disposable plastic items as of 2017!
- France enforced law banning plastic bags in 2016 and by 2020 all cutlery, cups and plates.
- UK introduce levy on plastic bags 2015 A simple introduction of 5p charge. UK usage of bags drop 85%
BAN ALL PLASTIC BAGS & DISPOSABLE single use items. The number of plastic bags handed out by supermarkets in England in 2014 rose to 7.64 billion - 200 million more than in 2013.
National plastic bag usage is on the DECLINE! This is positive! Imagine the IMPACT of the ban - if we start NOW!
- It takes 100 years for plastic to breakdown
- Plastic is petroleum fossil fuel based
- Plastic is harmful to wildlife & it often ends up in the ocean
Please SIGN and SHARE the petition. Thank you!
Today: Erin is counting on you
Erin Lally needs your help with “London Ban All Disposable Plastic”. Join Erin and 9,441 supporters today.