Logan City Council: SAVE CASTLE RUMBLE
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
Castle Rumble....... medieval magic in Logan!
Have a look -- Castle Rumble Facebook page or better still go and visit!
Who would have thought that in between normal everyday properties in the Waterford area would be a full blown CASTLE with turrets, leadlight windows and medieval styling! ......it is the most incredible creation by Brian Rumble. Recently it was up for sale. (to explain, family do not want to run it but would love someone with love and care to take it on!! It should not be destroyed!! )
Unfortunately the only serious offers were from money hungry developers, who want to mow down an artist and sculptors life's work and put homes all over it... That Council would even consider approving this is truly sad, just to let the almighty dollar win.
Dear Logan City Council.....SAVE CASTLE RUMBLE FROM DEVELOPERS!!! It is not just any farming property.........
- it has been created by over 30 years of loving handiwork by artist, builder and sculptor Brian Rumble. (who also created sculptures for dreamworld and movie sets)
- it has handmade leadlight windows, ornate sculptures, castle turrets and medieval styling with a huge courtyard and many artifacts stored there.
- it has stunning views of surrounding mountains
- it is like a gift to the Logan area -- which has nothing like it anywhere near
We propose that:
- Council consider purchasing this property, landscaping the gardens, and creating it into a tourist attraction/cafe that could be enjoyed by many for future generations.- Council consider the future tourist dollars that could be pumped into a rather rudimentary rural area.
- Council consider that not everything has to do with instant monetary return, however the gift that could be given to the future generations and their enjoyment and cultural and artistic input.
- Bli Bli QLD and Knockrow NSW (Macadamia caslte) are two examples of the tourist dollars that can be generated by a novelty property such as this, with a few minor adjustments to make it more accessible to the general public.
- if Council does not want to purchase it then perhaps they can assist buyers but block any development!!!
STOP CASTLE RUMBLE - A LEGACY FOR LOGAN - FROM BEING DESTROYED!
Sign the petition and make a difference.
Today: Rebecca is counting on you
Rebecca Jones needs your help with “Logan City Council: Logan City Council SAVE CASTLE RUMBLE”. Join Rebecca and 2,254 supporters today.