Let’s say NO to GREEN BIN TAX - New Year’s gift by Reading Borough Council
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Dear Local Residents,
Collectively let’s say NO to GREEN BIN TAX - New Year’s gift by Reading Borough Council.
Another chance to say NO loudly against a start of era of fee charging for the services offered by the council though Green Bin tax is so called optional!
Once the charges are introduced, it will only keep increasing year on year.
An example…… Pay and park along the roads near Town centre vicinity and parking charges keep increasing so as number of roads coming under pay and park scheme!
Council tax keeps increasing and level of services, and quality of services keeps decreasing..... conditions of the roads, traffic, schools, leisure/sport centres etc.!
Surely there is a great increase in council tax collection considering great number of increase in dwellings, residential buildings and conversation of commercial building into residential/service apartments and so on.
Does this fit the bill?
£300,000 cost suggested by the council for operating Garden Green Waste collection can surely be back-filled by
- Reviewing the working practices of the council operations with the aim of increasing the efficiency and productivity,
- Reviewing the way the council operates with the aim of reducing the wastage of resources, funds etc.
- Reviewing the contracts of the suppliers and contractors who provide overly expensive services to the council,
- Reviewing the salary/remuneration/perks package of the top management/executives and elected members within the council,
- Great increase in collection of council tax year on year.
- So on …..
Trust the council administration has been working on the above aspects however should not the residents have the visibility!
PRIOR to introducing any new fee charges, the council should publish the data on efficiency and productivity gains in the council operations, reduction in wastage of resources, funds, level and quality of services provided in comparison with the neighbouring councils, etc. OTHERWISE “Cuts in Government funding” or "No legal duty of green waste collection" is just an opportunity…..!
Thank you for spending your valuable time on this petition.
A local resident
Reading Borough Council
Today: Sunil is counting on you
Sunil Dharurkar needs your help with “Local Residents: Let’s say NO to GREEN BIN TAX - New Year’s gift by Reading Borough Council”. Join Sunil and 93 supporters today.