- Rodney Weston, MPMember of Parliament for Saint John NB Canada
- The Honorable Vic ToewsMinister of Public Safety, House of Commons
- National Parole BoardChairman, Parole Board
- Marie-Claude Blais, Q.C.Minister of Justice and Attorney General, House of Commons
Lobby for change of Statutory Release Act (Reverse Decision to Release Dangerous Sex Offender)
We, as Canadian citizens and taxpayers, do not feel our rights are being protected under the Corrections and Conditional Release Act, (see Statutory Release, Entitlement, section 127). Where upon violent offenders are being granted statutory release without having demonstrated a significant level of rehabilitation, our society remains at risk. We demand said release be denied until such time as an offender is no longer deemed to be greater than low risk to reoffend. We demand the right to feel safe in the communities where these federal halfway houses are located. Our communities, our home!
- Member of Parliament for Saint John NB Canada
Rodney Weston, MP
- Minister of Public Safety, House of Commons
The Honorable Vic Toews
- Chairman, Parole Board
National Parole Board
- Minister of Justice and Attorney General, House of Commons
Marie-Claude Blais, Q.C.
I respectfully request that you review the attached petition and present it, in the House of Commons to Vic Toews, Minister of Public Safety, on our behalf. We believe this is a critical issue, facing not only those of us residing in Saint John, NB (where not 1 but 2 prisoners with a history of violent sexual assaults were recently released to a halfway house) but also all communities within Canada where a federal halfway exists.
Joan MacDonald-Bradford started this petition with a single signature, and now has 2,099 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.