- LISD School BoardTo the board of Longview Independent School District and the TEA
- Special educationTEA
- School improvment and supportTEA
- State Board of educationTEA
- Texas council for Developmental DisabilitiesTEA
- DR. WilcoxESC
SOLVE THE LISD ADMINISTRATION PROBLEMS. Find a full-time superintendent that supports our children's education
- To the board of Longview Independent School District and the TEA
LISD School Board
School improvment and support
State Board of education
Texas council for Developmental Disabilities
SOLVE THE LISD PART-TIME superintendent issue. We the following LISD community ask the school board to find a full-time superintendent that supports our children's education , and teachers and staff's well-being. Dr Wilcox has served as a part-time superintendent for to long. We the community are asking for you as board members to do the job you are elected to and ask for the resignation of Dr. Wilcox immediately. We ask the board to search for a full-time superintendent that is not in house. We believe that there is no one in house that can handle this position. We ask that you, the board, start searching for a new superintendent immediately. This district needs a change for the better, and deserves a chance to improve on the education our children receive. The following are reasons we, the community feel the need to remove Dr. Wilcox effective immediately:
1. He only is allowed to work 20 hrs a week to receive his retirement , and we need someone in our district working full time.
2. His unlawful use of selling private retirement plans to teachers and staff to benefit his other job, that is not on the approved list of Texas Teacher Retirement.
3. Using a mandatory meeting to try to sell retirement plans to teachers and staff.
4. Not solving the problems when it comes to hiring teachers needed in the district.
5. Not supplying students with books needed during the school year.
The board has knowledge on all of the items listed. While some see there is no conflict of interest for Dr. Wilcox pitching his side business it is a conflict of interest , you knew about it and ban him from doing it.. So by banning him to do this you saw it was an issue. A resignation is therefore requested by the following signatures each of whom live in the district at the time of signing.
jason bates started this petition with a single signature, and now has 384 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: jason is counting on you
jason bates needs your help with “LISD School Board: WITH YOUR HELP WE CAN SOLVE THE LISD ADMINISTRATION PROBLEMS”. Join jason and 383 supporters today.