- Lino A. Saputo, Jr.CEO and Vice Chairman of the Board
- Dino Dello SbarbaPresident and Chief Operating Officer
- Lorenzo SpinelliPresident and Chief Operating Officer Dairy Products Division Canada
- Sandy VassiadisDirector, Corporate Communications
Tell Saputo to Stop Supporting Horrific Animal Cruelty
A breaking Mercy For Animals Canada investigation reveals sadistic animal abuse at Chilliwack Cattle Company — a major Saputo dairy supplier.
MFA Canada’s hidden-camera footage reveals:
• Workers viciously kicking, punching, beating, and hitting cows in the face and body with chains, canes, metal pipes, and rakes
• Sick and injured cows suffering from open wounds, oozing infections, and painful injuries left to suffer without proper veterinary care
• Workers using chains and tractors to lift sick and injured cows by their necks
• Workers poking and squeezing festering wounds, ripping clumps of hair out of cows' sensitive tails, and punching bulls in the testicles
Unfortunately, these abuses are merely a sample of the ongoing cruelty and violence documented at this Saputo dairy supplier.
Saputo is responsible for establishing meaningful animal welfare policies and oversight to ensure that cruelty and neglect don’t flourish on its watch.
No socially responsible corporation should support dairy operations that beat, kick, and neglect animals.
Saputo must take immediate action to prevent further abuse by its suppliers.
Saputo has the power and the ethical responsibility to help end some of the worst forms of animal cruelty in the dairy industry.
Please join Mercy For Animals Canada in calling on Saputo to immediately implement meaningful animal protection guidelines for all dairy suppliers, including zero tolerance for animal abuse, care for “downers,” and video monitoring systems.
- CEO and Vice Chairman of the Board
Lino A. Saputo, Jr.
- President and Chief Operating Officer
Dino Dello Sbarba
- President and Chief Operating Officer Dairy Products Division Canada
- Director, Corporate Communications
I was horrified to see undercover video footage of workers viciously kicking, punching, and beating cows at Chilliwack Cattle Company, a Saputo dairy supplier in BC. The video also shows cows who are too sick or injured to even stand being lifted by their necks with chains attached to a tractor.
Saputo should not tolerate this abuse.
Saputo has the power and the ethical responsibility to ensure the cows who produce milk for its dairy products are protected from needless violence and suffering.
It's time for Saputo to adopt meaningful animal welfare policies for its dairy suppliers, including:
• Zero tolerance for animal abuse
• Proper care and treatment of sick, injured, and downed animals
• Video monitoring systems streamed live onto the Internet to help prevent abuse
Until Saputo decides to do the right thing, I will be taking my business elsewhere.
Mercy For Animals started this petition with a single signature, and won with 128,450 supporters. Start a petition to change something you care about.