We want LinkedIn for Professionals Only
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
In recent years LinkedIn has become a number one source of everything what professionals never wanted it to be. To name a few, the problems we see on our dashboards everyday are:
- Fake job advertisements
- Quotes of the day
- Certificates for achievements (posted to get more likes)
- Direct messages (just to be a part of your network to get more profile details. This problem is two-folds as it starts a never ending spree of profile hunting, direct messages full of pick up lines, abuse and bullying)
- Invitations from personnel you never knew and never wanted in your professional network (solely based on their career level and industry)
we have also come across a numerous incidents where people (specially women) have reported indecent invitations and messages from complete strangers.
We want LinkedIn administration to take a keen step on making this social presence vivid and professional and demand the following changes
- Strict scrutiny of profiles (no random profiles, no student profiles)
- No direct marketing or job postings
- No 'quotes of the day' or random shares intended to get likes
- Ban or Report Harassment feature to notify the individuals using LinkedIn only for profile surfing.
- Perhaps, a small account registration fee to keep this community fruitful for/to professional individuals.
- Certificates/Achievements must be posted as a career episode on profiles and not on their timelines to get more likes.
Today: Omer is counting on you
Omer Ali needs your help with “LinkedIn: We want LinkedIn for Professionals Only”. Join Omer and 38 supporters today.