- Doris KirchnerCEO, Vail Valley Medical Center
- MIchael ShannonChairman, Vail Health Services
- Art KeltonChairman, Vail Valley Medical Center
Lets change the Vail Valley Medical Center!
We the undersigned, being stakeholders in the Vail Valley Medical Center as citizens who depend on it for medical care, ask the Boards of Vail Health Services and the Vail Valley Medical Center to change the culture of the VVMC back to being a non-profit community hospital and provide lower cost health care to the community.
- Acknowledge that pricing medical services higher than necessary is detrimental to the stated goals of the VVMC pertaining to providing excellent and adequate health care and services to all Eagle County residents, and imposes an economic burden on many families and small businesses threatening the sustainability of the middle class in Eagle County.
- Increase transparency by holding board meetings publicly
- Openly solicit interested members of the community to apply for future board openings.
- Make current financial statements easily available to the public.
- Explain to the community when and where profits will be reinvested in the hospital system
- Maintain patient care levels but reduce prices to lower profit margins
- Vastly expand discount and payment options for the uninsured, including middle class families.
- Offer the uninsured prices for medical care that are close to what an insurance company would pay for the same procedure.
- CEO, Vail Valley Medical Center
- Chairman, Vail Health Services
- Chairman, Vail Valley Medical Center
I support lowering the profit margin of the hospital and lower costs for medical care in Eagle County.
Chris Neuswanger started this petition with a single signature, and now has 399 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.