Let there be light! Lights for the LAHS and MVHS Football Fields
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
The Athletic Boosters from both Los Altos High School (LAHS) and Mountain View High School (MVHS) believe it is finally time to have lights installed on both high school athletic/football fields. Our two schools are among the few in the Bay Area that do not have lights installed on their athletic/football fields and when you look at communities most similar to ours - Los Gatos, Saratoga, Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Atherton, San Mateo, Burlingame, Cupertino - we are the only schools that do not have them.
The reasons we are advocating for lights are as follows:
- Build School Spirit by hosting evening athletic events and arts performances (Marching Bands and Drill Teams).
- Build Community by being able to have athletic events and performances that encourage family attendance and participation by the community-at-large.
- Offer More Opportunities for Students to Engage on School Teams by maximizing use of existing facilities - we currently are unable to field Frosh-Soph teams in some sports since we do not have enough field space/time to schedule more teams to practice and host games.
- Proactively Prepare For the Impact CA State Bill 328 will have on field accessibilty. Under CA State Bill 328, MVLA Unified High School District will be required to move school start times to 8:30am thereby moving the end of the academic day to 4:00pm which means that there will only be 1 hour of daylight remaining in winter months after school is out.
- Ease the Coach Hiring Process and Broaden the Potential Coaching Pool - through greater schedule flexibility, qualified coaches that are not available during afternoon practices due to their "day jobs" would be able to consider coaching positions.
Installing lights on the football fields is supported by both LAHS and MVLA Athletic Boosters Groups and Instrumental Music Boosters.
Today: Robert is counting on you
Robert Crissman needs your help with “Let there be light! Lights for the LAHS and MVHS Football Fields”. Join Robert and 2,157 supporters today.