Establish multimodal connectivity and reduce neighborhood through traffic.
This petition made change with 183 supporters!
The Huntsville Planning Commission shall ensure that all future development (including approved but unexecuted) in and around English Village and Whitesburg Estates should make or preserve provisions for multiple bicycle, pedestrian and vehicle connections to the new Haysland Road extension and greenway.
- Memorial Parkway, with or without overpasses, is bicycle and pedestrian hostile.
- There is no connection other than Memorial Parkway for bicycle, pedestrian, or vehicle traffic from Whitesburg Estates and English Village to Grissom High School or any other point North.
- Iterative neighborhood additions over the past few decades have unduly burdened a number of streets with unreasonable through traffic.
- As of Tuesday, June 27, 2017, the Huntsville Planning Commission approved a proposed addition to Whitesburg Estates which uses the last two western road stubs* without connecting or making a provision to connect to the Haysland Road Extension. The approved project will further increase neighborhood through traffic and preclude future connection for Whitesburg Estates.
- If both subdivisions do not get multiple connections to Haysland Road, through traffic will be increased.
- There are no public plans to connect ANY of the western neighborhood road stubs to the new Haysland Rd Extension.
- No neighborhood road should carry the burden of undo through traffic; new development should strive to reduce through traffic where possible.
*road stub - an existing provision for road extension; dead-end.
Today: Ben is counting on you
Ben Payment needs your help with “Les Tillery, Chair of Huntsville Alabama Planning Commission: Establish multimodal connectivity and reduce neighborhood through traffic in Whitesburg Estates and English Village.”. Join Ben and 182 supporters today.