No Plan No Action
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
Over the last few years, the Stratford Board of Education has been operating in a very reactionary manner when it comes to major planning. This kind of methodology has led to discussions about closing schools, eliminating programs, firing 40 teachers, redistricting children and uprooting them from their current schools. The latter issue is the one we are most concerned with today.
Studies show that nontraditional school transitions are proven to have a negative impact on test scores, behavior and social-emotional issues. We are asking the Stratford Board of Education to not proceed with the unnecessary redistricting. Instead, we are asking the following from the Board of Education and Town Council:
1. Please do not redistrict any school without the following:
• A strategic plan to ensure a racially balanced school district that will not have a variance of +/- 15%.
• A plan to grandfather in all currently enrolled Stratford students.
• A plan to allow all children within the same family to attend the same school.
• Results of a full operational audit.
2. Please complete a full operational audit. The Stratford Board of Education has a history of trying to cut costs without the informational benefit of a full audit. The Board can’t make a fully informed decision about where budget cuts should come from without that data. We might be able to find efficiencies from expenses that have no impact on the educational experience of our students.
3. Do not de-magnetize Stratford Academy. Instead, capitalize on the potential draw that an intra-magnet school has on our town. Having this kind of an educational asset is something that attracts families to live in Stratford.
4. We ask the Town Council to look inward during this budget season to find efficiencies within all departments to help find the money the Board of Education needs to operate at an optimal level.
We respectfully put forth these requests in an effort to protect the educational assets we have, to plan for the future and to keep our schools racially balanced. In order to figure out where we are going, we need to know where we have been and where we can improve. After all, don’t we teach our children that we must continuously improve since we are all lifelong learners?
Today: No Plan No Action is counting on you
No Plan No Action needs your help with “email@example.com: No Plan No Action”. Join No Plan No Action and 745 supporters today.