A Fair Contract for Union County VoTech Education Association
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
The teachers and secretaries of the nationally recognized Union County Vocational-Technical Schools have been working without a contract since it expired on June 30, 2017. Here are some hard facts about this situation:
- Negotiations for the contract started twenty-three months ago in June 2016.
- Bluntly, the Superintendent and his bargaining team have refused to consider salary increases for the staff unless they relinquish the current terms of their benefits contribution, which is a fixed dollar payment toward their benefits.
- This contribution freeze is the linchpin of staff pay. Without it, their take-home pay will literally decrease each year even if a salary increase is negotiated.
- Ironically, the superintendent gladly offered the fixed-payment benefits contribution to staff in the last contract negotiation, but now he refuses to honor his own idea.
- The district received an 11% increase in State funding.
- Sadly, actual members of the Board have yet to actively participate in the negotiations.
- These teachers and secretaries care deeply about the education and welfare of our children, and we want them to be fairly compensated for their hard work so that they feel valued and are supported to do their best work.
As staff and parents of UCVTS students, and as citizens and voters in Union County, we want you, the UCVTS Board of Education, to bargain in good faith and finalize a contract with the staff.
Today: NJEA REGION 15 is counting on you
NJEA REGION 15 needs your help with “Lawrence Caroselli : A Fair Contract for Union County VoTech Education Association”. Join NJEA REGION 15 and 383 supporters today.