Pledge for Peace
Pledge for Peace
Our vision is to create a safe space of healing and community for all. We are asking community members, restaurants, business owners, bars, and neighborhood organizations to make a simple promise: to be a part of the solution ending domestic violence. Let’s normalize the conversation, not the behavior and pledge to no longer be a bystander and hold each other accountable. Together we can rewrite the narrative and change the reputation in Baltimore to lead other major cities around the world. Join us in observance during the month of October and nominate a food & beverage establishment to pledge too!
I Pledge To:
- Confront attitudes in myself that condone or encourage aggressive/abusive behavior.
- Speak up and no longer be a silent bystander to violence and abuse.
- Examine my own attitudes and beliefs about violence, power, control and entitlement.
- Stand with courage, lead with conviction, and speak out to promote non-violence as the norm.
- Never commit, condone, or remain silent about domestic violence, intimate partner violence, and violence in any form within our homes and communities.
- Educate myself and others to challenge attitudes that condone disrespectful behavior or degrading language.
- Take action to end all forms of violence with love, compassion and without judgment.
- Challenge those that use laughter, insensitive language or degrading jokes to minimize the conversation.
- Talk with my community about healthy and equitable attitudes, relationships and care.
- Acknowledge any harm I may have caused through abusive behavior, seek to make amends in appropriate ways, and work to correct any patterns of abuse.