Cycling SA urgently needs new, efficient and effective leadership
This petition had 72 supporters
Cycling South Africa is mired in a deep financial crisis. We, a group of mostly KZN-based race organisers, are concerned that the people who manage Cycling SA (and who we believe allowed the situation to develop into the crisis that it is) do not have the ability to solve the problem.
We call for a vote of no confidence in CSA President William Newman and his management committee so as to start a process of rebuilding Cycling SA.
- Cycling SA admitted they had allowed key insurance policies covering riders at races to lapse;
- Cycling SA had to withdraw funding for any overseas teams;
- The federation was forced to implement severe cost cutting measures;
- Cycling SA’s internal Finance Review Committee highlighted financial mismanagement, ineffective management of staff, poor management of service providers and CSA embarking on projects with no funding to support them;
- Cycling SA is in debt to the tune of R4 million, a figure that has been steadily rising in recent years;
- A financial trustee was appointed in 2017 after two years in which the constitutionally required position was not filled. He resigned after just four months and the position is vacant once more.
Today: Tim is counting on you
Tim Whitfield needs your help with “KZN Cycling: Cycling SA urgently need new. efficient and effective leadership”. Join Tim and 71 supporters today.