Disability Aids for cars should be easy to access
This petition had 18 supporters
Change Vic Road Laws Retest of license to get disability aids for cars.
I was born with 18p deletion, a rare chromosome abnormality causing short stature. I have recently brought a new car, however with airbag, i am physically too close to steering wheel if it happens to come out, it be almost certain a fatal without the extension pedals.
However have discovered Vic Road has a red tape Loop Hole when i was in touch with the group that specialisted in disability aids for cars.
1. Require a medical view (Vic Roads take about 5 days to assess)
2. Require a OT driving instructor off road chat; $280
3. Driving instructor in a certified duo controlled without extension pedals. $110.
4. Driving instructor in a certified duo controlled car with extension pedals. $110.
While my situation is quite easy, others with disability aren't as simple
- Eg some drivers are missing their right leg-how the heck are they suppose to drive a standard duo control car? (Impossible)
-Other drivers are missing limbs? How are they suppose to drive a standard certified duo control car? (Impossible)
Considering this is just ridiculous nonsense to have to go through especially when i am already licensed to drive and to me its form of discriminatory behavior based on disability. Cars are expensive enough without this ridiculousness.
How we can change
1. Medical review including eye test is unnecessary if your already licensed to drive.
2. Again OT instructor is unnecessary if your already licensed to drive.
3. Driving instructor without extension pedals is unnecessary if your already licensed to drive.
4. Driving instructor in certified duo control car with extension pedals is unnecessary in my opinion especially when your old car has the extension pedals already installed, and you should be allowed to do the test in your own car if your already qualified to drive, would make it heaps easier for those with more complex medical conditions and more complex modifications.
its a safety thing, to have these aids and should be easily access without all this nonsense, put it this way normal drivers don't have to redo a license test every time they get a new car
Will submit to Vic roads and federal government once i have received enough signatures.
Today: Krystal is counting on you
Krystal Stevens needs your help with “Krystal : Change Vic Road Laws Retest of license to get disability aids for cars”. Join Krystal and 17 supporters today.