Kornet Al Sawda : Saving the highest mountain peak in the Middle East
Green Lebanon, we used to say. Why are we using the past tense ? Lebanon's nature is mesmerising: heaven on earth some would say.
Is it still home though ?
Helplessness and despair of Lebanese communities is making us lose our beautiful country one day at a time. However, we don't have to. We should fight against our learned helplessness. We can change our destiny, we can change the capitalism and corruption that are making us lose our country, our home.
What we need, is for us to stick together as communities. Let's share our resources and make a change.
A 500 million dollar project was put in place by Realis Development (owned by the Ghanem family) to build a luxury resort at Kornet Al Sawda ("the black peak"), the highest mountain peak of the Middle East .(reference: http://www.businessnews.com.lb/cms/Story/StoryDetails.aspx?ItemID=5859 )
The greed of our own citizens, is slowly throwing our nature away.
Maybe someday, the cedar on our flag will become nothing but an old memory of where we came from.
But for now, we will not let this happen.
Together, let's stop this project.
- Association for Forest Development and Conservation (AFDC)
- Environment Protection Committee
- Friends of Horsh Ehden
- Greenpeace USA
- Cheyenne Yammine
- Sierra Club
- National Audubon Society
- World Wildlife Fund
- Earth First!
- The Nature Conservancy
- Emirates Environmental Group
- Friends of The Earth Middle East
- Greenpeace International
- Greenline Association Lebanon
- Society for the Protection of Nature in Lebanon (SPNL)
- Friends of Nature
- Committee of Friends of Arz (Cedar) Forest
- Greenpeace Lebanon
- Saveguarding the Environment Committee
- Al Mada
RBC (Royal Bank of Canada)
- Ministry of Environment - Republic of Lebanon
- Ministry of Public Work and Transport - Republic of Lebanon
- Ministry of Energy and Water - Republic of Lebanon
Kornet Al Sawda : Saving the highest mountain in the Middle East
Cheyenne Yammine a lancé cette pétition avec seulement une signature au départ et il y a maintenant 11 042 signataires. Lancez votre pétition pour créer le changement que vous souhaitez voir.
Cheyenne compte sur vous aujourd'hui
Cheyenne Yammine a besoin de votre aide pour sa pétition “Kornet Al Sawda : Saving the highest mountain in the Middle East”. Rejoignez Cheyenne et 11 041 signataires.