Rightfully accredit Fanuary as the creator of this meme from 2012.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
On June 15th, 2012, I created a post on my Tumblr blog "fanuary" that eventually became a meme known as "Everything Changed When The Fire Nation Attacked". The following is an exert from the original blog post.
Everything sounds better when you add "but everything changed when the fire nation attacked" at the end of a sentence.
- Harry Potter: Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, but everything changed when the fire nation attacked.
- The Hunger Games: When I was younger, I scared my mother to death, the things I would blurt out about District 12, but everything changed when the fire nation attacked.
- Game of Thrones: The morning had dawned clear and cold, with a crispness that hinted at the end of summer, but everything changed when the fire nation attacked.
- Edgar Allan Poe: 'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door' but everything changed when the fire nation attacked.
- The Bible: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth, but everything changed when the fire nation attacked.
I was only a bored high school student at this time - little did I know I would become famous. After reaching around 15,000 notes on Tumblr, the meme made its way onto Facebook, reddit, and various other social media platforms. It now holds over 50,000 notes and has started a subreddit, an entire culture of new meme variations and several inside jokes among recluse geeks who frequent obscure messaging boards. For any novice meme creator, you know that you have made it big on the internet when you are featured on the "Know Your Meme" website. To my shock, I found that I was not properly credited for this meme.
The the KnowYourMeme.com page for "Everything Changed When The Fire Nation Attacked" states the following:
- On June 15th, the beddyburc Wordpress blog published a post titled “Everything sounds better when you add ‘but everything changed when the fire nation attacked’ at the end of a sentence”, which listed several lines from works of literature with the quote added on.
This is not accurate because beddyburc was not my blog. This is where I need your help. I have already sent a long letter to the creators of the website, but I need people's support to help get this message noticed. Although my blog has been deactivated with the time stamp gone, there is still plenty of proof out there showing that other bloggers did reblog my post on June 15th, 2012 and that the original poster was a blogger under the name "Fanuary".
Edit: If you require proof, please reference this blogger's page. This is a reblog from the original post with a time stamp "June 15th, 2016 at 1:08AM" with my blog "fanuary" listed as the original poster.
I understand that there are homeless people in the streets and that many Americans are at risk of losing their jobs due to drastic policy changes under the upcoming Trump administration. However, I see proper meme accreditation as an equally important cause that should not be undermined. Thousands of Americans create wonderful content for this internet so that the underpaid working class can slack off during their 9-5 jobs, college students can procrastinate from studying for finals and children can be inspired to tap into their creative potential. Please sign off on this cause as your support can possibly change the future of this world (probably not).
Today: Independent Blogger is counting on you
Independent Blogger needs your help with “KnowYourMeme.com: Rightfully accredit Fanuary as the creator of this meme from 2012.”. Join Independent Blogger and 127 supporters today.