Cloth Nappy and Reusable Sanitary Product Rebate for the City of Kingston
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Cloth nappy and reusable sanitary product rebates are being successfully trialled and rolled out by Local Councils across Australia. These rebates recognise the benefits of cloth nappies and reusable sanitary products while making them accessible for the community.
I am starting this petition to show Kingston City Council that residents in the community would like access to a rebate for cloth nappies and reusable sanitary products.
What is a cloth nappy and reusable sanitary product rebate?
A household can receive up to fifty percent of the purchase back on new and secondhand items with proof of receipt at limit of $150. These reusable items can include:
- Cloth nappies (all ages)
- Swim nappies
- Nappy liners
- Cloth wipes
- Wet bags
- Nursing breast pads
- Cloth menstrual and incontinence pads
- Menstrual cups
- Period underwear
- Period wet bags
The initial financial outlay for reusable products can be a barrier for some. Rebates help ease costs while also reducing social stigmas around these items.
Why cloth nappies and reusable sanitary products are worth considering:
- They reduce waste to landfill (children alone need between 6,000 to 7,000 nappies and people use 12000 pads and tampons throughout their life)
- Nappies, pads and tampons don't break down properly in landfill
- Can help save up $3000 on nappies from birth to toilet training and up to $100 each year on menstrual items
- Some reusable menstrual items will last for up to 10 years
- More environmentally friendly, especially if items like nappies are sold on
- Less plastic (did you know the average menstrual pad can contain up to 5 plastic bags within the pad itself! Including the packaging, it's a lot of plastic!)
- Less harmful chemicals
- Never risk running out, meaning less visits to the shops
If you live in the City of Kingston, please sign the petition and let's make a difference!
Today: Natasha is counting on you
Natasha Brisbane needs your help with “Kingston City Council: Cloth Nappy and Reusable Sanitary Product Rebate for the City of Kingston”. Join Natasha and 75 supporters today.