- Kingborough Council's Chemical Roadside Spray ProgramMayor Graham Bury
- Stuart HeatherManger, Kingborough Chronicles
- Bernadette BlackCouncillor
- Julian BushCouncillor
- Paul ChattertonCouncillor
- Cr. David GraceCouncillor
- Michele HigginsCouncillor
- Roger McGinnissCouncillor
- Susan NolanCouncillor
- Nic StreetCouncillor
- Flora FoxCouncillor
- Steve WassDeputy Mayor
- Paula WriedtCouncillor
- Gary ArnoldGeneral Manager
- Lara HayCommunity Reporter, Kingborough Chronicles
Amend Kingborough Council's 'No Spray Register' so non certified organic growers are eligible to apply for inclusion on the No Spray Register.
There are many properties in the Kingborough Municipality that use organic, biodynamic and permaculture methods of gardening and food production. Many of these properties have not been certified organic as they are noncommercial and the certification process takes a minimum of three years and can be very costly. In addition there are several commercial and recreational bee keepers. The new Kingborough Council “No Spray Policy” precludes these people as well as those who have a conscientious objection to the use of chemical sprays from applying for inclusion on the No Spray Register.
There are over 77,000 refereed journal articles in the scientific and health literature that present clinical and research findings on the health and environmental impacts of herbicides, fungicides and pesticides.
- Mayor Graham Bury
Kingborough Council's Chemical Roadside Spray Program
- Manger, Kingborough Chronicles
Cr. David Grace
- Deputy Mayor
- General Manager
- Community Reporter, Kingborough Chronicles
We the undersigned request that Kingborough Council's No Spray Register Policy be amended so as to allow for:
1. Non-certified Biodynamic, Organic and Permaculture properties to be eligible to apply for inclusion on the No Spray Register
2. For those with a conscientious objection to the use of chemical sprays to be eligible to apply for inclusion on the No Spray Register.
Christine Materia started this petition with a single signature, and now has 298 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.