Pike County Ky Unequal Justice System !
Pike County Ky Unequal Justice System !
Why this petition matters
For too long the people of Pike County Ky have been rushed through the Criminal Court System without proper investigation, without proper procedures and the lack of evidence and witnesses. Being convicted on hearsay even being attacked and fisically abused by the Police officers without reprisals and followed or harrassed, but if your friends or family with the Judge or Police you get a slap on the wrist, and back out on the streets dealing drugs or buying them etc. The ones who are low income get full penaltys even if they are innocent of the crime!
- The Judicial System is making money off the poor who can't afford a good criminal lawyer to protect their rights, crooked Public Defenders who do the bidding for the wrong side not for your benifit their worthless in this case you'll never win for free but for the Judicial System some lawyers fail. Do to lack of not fully knowing the criminal law or the evidence in this case you don't pay them enough to get the job done right you'll just become another inmate we've seen this cycle plenty of times which has gone on for far too long turning these individuals into a money bank and ruining their names in the Appalachian News Express and your face on the news. Families suffer not knowing what is going to happen to their loved ones yet no Justice has been served at the end of the day, did you do your job right did you see all the facts we want the full truth not just a hearsay Justice Should not have to be paid for Justice should be blind, should be based on facts of the matter not who knows who and who has the most money period. What happened to innocent before proven guilty now its guilty before proven innocent and at what cost though sweeping the truth under the rug and the people who are involved who have the upper power in hand with the system have big money in their pockets always win. Even without a benefit of a doubt they did not do it not likely but let's just make money off of them nobody will ever know huh? Well I say a change has to come God will prevail and these people incarcerated or convicted of a crime they DID NOT COMMIT SHOULDN'T BE SERVING TIME instead should be released. Cases should be looked into and thoroughly investigated NOT by Pike County Ky but by the Higher Supreme Court of Ky or Federal Bureau Of Investigation this is a serious issue and concern of mine where's our rights as a Kentuckian? I'm ashamed of the unlawful injustice we all are dealing with Justice has been tookin away when they only see you as another number in the system and a lower class citizen truly have no chances of winning without big money lawyers to protect your rights who can fight for you who know the law. Which some citizens do not understand taking advantage of the fact they do not know the laws or their rights so why not turn them into a statistical anomaly in Pike County KY Jail the amount of Corruption involved is ridiculous if you most definitely agree please sign this petition God Bless Everyone.
- 1 Explain how this change will impact me well I'll feel safer knowing the right Justice is served correctly and equal rights how it would affect our daughter she would be the most happiest little girl to get her Daddy back home where he rightfully belongs we can grow as a complete family knowing he is their for us and us for him too . It's impacted me and our daughter ,emotionally an physically taking a huge part of our lives away no more fun days playing with her Daddy and no more memories of us together no more helping me and our family when they need him or a friendly neighbor our daily routine is different and depressing with out him here he provides for us like he should be here doing now my father is on SSDI and needs Troy's help fisical things my dad can not do or me either i was diagnosed with endometriosis and it affects my daily life . My husband Troy loves and protects us he is the glue that holds our family together everyone he meets likes him he is a good country Christian man who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ he is someone you could look up to or ask for a helping hand that's why none of this crap makes no sense what so ever I've known Troy for 9 years going on 10 years this 2021 so why after 24 years of his life would he do such a thing you may ask? Troy wouldn't that's why I know we deserve Justice we're just simple holler foke who want our life back. Another thing that absolutely scares me is the Covid-19 what if my husband contracts this virus and can't come home or it takes a fatal turn how can you tell us your sorry well you can't take our time back . We do forgive an bless the person who falsely accused my husband cause that's how God would want us to treat our accuser's and how we we're raised. Everyone should not be so judgmental that's what bothers me we should all treat one another with respect and kindness always stay humble and kind to one another no matter what. We want a bright future for our family and we never thought in a million years that this would ever happen to us and I mean never this whole thing has made me feel that we never had the right to defend our rights in the first place at all our rights were violated multiple times during the process I felt unsafe during the court process and after. I definitely didn't trust the people who were involved in this case at all. Some of the Police Officers were acting like this whole thing was a joke which made me feel disrespected for example: Talking out loud about the case near the doors outside where everyone could hear three men laughing vigorously an talking about the case Judge Tommy May had to ask the bailiff to tell the other police Officers to shut up outside the side doors of the court room another incident where I was leaving after court and an Officer made a comment to me before I left out the doors that my husband was a scumbag I didn't say a word cause it hurt me so much they don't even know him or the truth of the matter but he was already being judged for a crime he didn't commit and never would either they will never know the pain they have inflicted on me I never had anyone talk to me like that especially a Police Officer so I didn't know how to respond or react so I just left shaking my head and so many other incidents with the lawyers too lieing to me to scare me and Troy which didn't work cause I'm not stupid I know what's right and the lawyers that were involved never protected us one bit or even tried I felt like we would never win this battle in court like we had already lost before it even began our lawyers who had favored the Judge who was favorable to Mrs. Karen Branham's case but was not for us lawyer's are supposed to help you defend your rights and they didn't at all. Also the Police Officer Josh Lawson that arrested my husband is also friends with our accuser Mrs. Branham which is unfair to our favor given the situation I thought was pretty fishy our accuser does have family that are Police Officers I found out later on that Attorney Ira Branham is friends with the court system of The Common wealth Of Kentucky here in Pike County Ky so it was unlikely that we would have ever won which makes me sad facts are Troy never took this women's phone there is no fisical bodily harm done and no eye witnesses to collaborate Mrs. Karen Branham's two different stories about where it took place at and how it had happened Mrs. Karen Branham had told the Police in the Discovery the only witness she had was a worker who worked at the horse stables said he didn't see the act take place only that he saw Troy had got in his vehicle and leave and Mrs. Branham did not use her phone but jogged all the way out of the area to tell the worker she had just got attacked to call 911 so its actually a hearsay case Troy wanted to talk to Officers about the incident only stated to the Officers He was asking around for a new job that He did not grab anyone at the trail and that He never seen anything like that happen He stated He would never hurt a women . Troy has a Mental Disability since he was 5 he has been on a SSI check since then and Troy can't hardly read or write so they took advantage of the fact and got him to sign a Plea Bargain which he couldn't read and which I was not informed of I know they scared him cause they acted like he didn't have a choice in the matter either 20 years if you go to trial the lawyers never tried once to bring up our facts to back an prove Troy's innocence and now he's in jail so please I ask you please sign this petition .
- 2 My Husband Troy D Scarberry JR. is a Great Husband and Father and Helper they have painted a picture of him as this criminal when that's most definitely not him at all he should be getting the Justice we most truly deserve and so many others in these types of situations hopefully these accusation will be over turned or he will be released from Pike County Ky jail Troy had no motive or intention on this accusation as far as we're all concerned me and Troy would always watch the news in the morning's drinking coffee always saying how dumb people were for doing all these horrible things and we never thought He would be on it ever it's shocked us all we didn't see no proof or witnesses regarding this accusation against my husband that proves he did anything wrong.
- 3 I know we can move on from the Mistake the Judicial System has made and be a stronger an more wiser family then ever before because that's what God would want is the right thing done and the truth shall set you free releasing him back to his loving family with everyone knowing the truth once and for all.
- Impacting our families would know Justice was served correctly and equally not everyone who is accused is guilty and knowing a good man is finally set free would be the best thing that ever happened to our family honestly some of our families live in Pike County Ky and they couldn't believe what was happening to us we all knew that this definitely wasn't right from the beginning everyone was upset and disappointed in the Court System not doing a full investigation or the right procedure's everything was not professional or inorder it was a hot mess like they wanted to rush it and cover the truth up hush hush before it got to close to trial they did not want it to go to trial cause then it would all come out in the Appalachian News Express and the people who were involved would be in jail .
- At last and Final our community will know that the Appalachian News Express has made multiple different stories about the accusation that was not true and didn't add up an once again a hearsay their trying to make it sound so bad or seem bad but it's really just their opinion the Judical Court System is corrupted in Pike County Ky and Police Officers who are involved in this scandal needs a good cleaning up and studying their equal rights to everyone not just the rich and their families, an friends getting away with setting people up to get money and publicity for the jail and Votes to their advantage enough is enough!
- Kentucky Parole BoardP.O Box 2400 Frankfort, KY 40602-2400