Transferring Terry Fox kindergarten students at St. Paul Elementary School will not solve the constant problem of over population at Terry Fox School....re-zoning will. It will definitely decrease numbers of students significantly.
Children between the ages of 4-6 yrs old should not be taking 90min of bus transportation to go to kindergarten not to mention 2 buses in the morning and after school. That is UNACCEPTABLE!!
This can cause the child...
- to be exhausted both physically and mentally which may lead to disinterest in school and difficulty to learn
- If child gets lost...at that age they don't know their address or phone number
- Why put a child that age on the road more then they have to...higher risk of bus accident which can be avoided.
- Anxiety!! Not only is this their 1st year of school, they have to adjust to their new surroundings and being away from their parents. Why torment them with a long school bus ride. They will eventually not want to go to school.
These are just some things that can happen. Remember they are CHILDREN!!! NO parent would want their child to have to go through this.
- KEEP our Kindergarten students at Terry-Fox Elementary School!!!
Today: Lucia is counting on you
Lucia Cartillone needs your help with “KEEP our Kindergarten students at Terry-Fox Elementary School!!!: Re-Zone!!”. Join Lucia and 153 supporters today.