We want to be paid for the work we do in mental health
This petition had 319 supporters
Cool Recovery's independant funding is running out after 15 years.
Cool Recovery has not secured any significant local funding to date, therefore we are unable to continue in our current situation. We need a long term solution to enable stability unless local services are willing and able to finance part of the services we currently offer and which they use.
• Cool Recovery is the only open access resource where anyone affected by mental illness can go for help, information, company & life skills. The numbers attending are increasing.
• There is an increase in people seeking help in a crisis.
• Cool Recovery currently receives NO government funding.
• Cool Recovery is filling the gap left by serious cutbacks to NHS mental health services and receives no financial remuneration.
• Cool Recovery is being accessed by NHS & commissioned services however there is no financial support for the continuance of this service.
• Cool Recovery has requested Mental Health Social Care services for pathways for theirclients using the charity to access personal, direct or other payments since 2010, with no response.
• External Grant Funding bodies ask; ‘If Cool is so good why are local services not funding some of your work?’ This has now become a barrier to funding.
• Cool Recovery will only offer ‘paid -for' services in the interim.ie Anger Management.
The Cool House will close on 31st December 2014 if a solution is not found. This is a statement of Cool Recovery’s current situation. We can’t continue as we are but we haven’t given up!
Today: Cool Recovery is counting on you
Cool Recovery needs your help with “KEEP COOL RECOVERY GOING”. Join Cool Recovery and 318 supporters today.