Payment of Child Support in Alberta
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
GOAL: Debtors PAY support orders or serve Albertan's through community service & incarceration.
October 2, 2014: ‘Deadbeat’ Albertans still owe more than $500M (cbc news)
Having Support Payments being paid will benefit ALL Albertan's by;
- Fewer single parent or support recipients needing access to support funds & programs from the community opening accessibility to other Albertan's in need of support for reasons OTHER THAN support payments not being made.
In 2016 MEP changed the method of section 7 expense collection resulting in;
- Returning to court for many single parents to amend their existing orders
The problem with this is;
- Time away from jobs providing the only income for the single parent family causing financial stress or job security stress
- The recipient parent not filing out of fear of violence or retaliation from the debtor reducing the safety of the recipient and the children.
- The recipient not filing out of fear of personal emotional stability being jeopardized due to PTSD, anxiety, or other mental health issues induced by trauma that will cause stress and adversely affect their parenting and providing for the children
- Add to a balance that is most likely NOT being paid or enforced with effect to the debtor
Today: Justine is counting on you
Justine Hall needs your help with “Kathleen Ganley: Payment of Child Support in Alberta”. Join Justine and 8 supporters today.