Stop the erosion of Petersham Village conservation area before it's too late
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
The historic centre of Petersham Village – a conservation area – is threatened by light pollution from the new development at Russell School, opposite the Fox and Duck. This area is highly visible from Richmond Hill, Petersham Road, Ham Avenue, local footpaths and nearby properties. This is the heart of the historic centre of the village which should maintain as rural in feel as possible. These lights threaten this.
We need the council to demand that the development follows Conservation Area standards and changes are made which are sympathetic to the area. Specifically:
- Height: Light columns need to be significantly reduced in height
- Style: Lights should be appropriate in style for a conversation area
- Quantity: The number of lights should be minimized to only where absolutely essential
- When Lit: Lights should only be used during the school day when dark
- Landscaping: Trees and shrubs need be planted to conceal cars and protect from light pollution
We need to protect the area for future generations as so many others have in the past. For more information please see www.petershamvillage.org/conservation-area
Today: Petersham Village is counting on you
Petersham Village needs your help with “Katherine.firstname.lastname@example.org: Stop the erosion of Petersham Village Conservation Area before it's too late”. Join Petersham Village and 210 supporters today.