Pass the vote to let Edison ducks in a row regrow
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
On April 12th, Ducks in a row will finally get a public hearing at the Kalamazoo city Zoning board of appeals.
What is ducks in a row? Ducks in a row is an urban based farm that works with the EPA FoodWasteRecoveryChallenge which allows us to run a no kill livestock & educational farm in the middle of Edison Neighborhood Kalamazoo Michigan.
It consists of programs built on using reclaimed food or material trash to run an educational farm including: (click here for our Ex-plainer video)
- - A home built out of tires that doesn't need utilities, known as the "Earthship global design", and would introduce a realistic right now answer to affordable housing, and our homelessness issues.
- - Alexandria's Art & Garden a more then 10ft per bird sanctuary space named after late founding member Alexandria Lindberg. That allows kids in the neighborhood to interact with or a special adaption program to learn how to care for and do backyard farming.
- - Phat Phat Farm a basketball court made with recycled tire concrete, named after late founding member Temetrion Hegler. It will be made with a recycled tire concrete mix that is expected to hold up longer then traditional concrete or asphalt.
- - TJ's Trailer A draft animal powered mobile stand/trailer/free ride thing called named after late founding member TJ Owens/Pryor that will work as the literal vehicle of the program, and will adopt draft animals that show personalities that would enjoy this setting.
- - Our Micro-green farm, which is also built as part of the design of the house, runs off sunlight and will employ and apprentice 1-4 Edison residents beginning with high school youth. Who will learn how to take a vacant lot or house in Edison and make a sustainable career out of existing surrounding resources. The farm will function in a non profit based sales capacity focusing on local restaurants and commercial contracts to begin an over all goal of localizing public school food with neighborhood and local based food.
- - Online 5 and Dime, which will work as a way to keep local employment and funding to run our programs, by making a local digital version of a classic 5&dime. Items on par with salvation army or goodwill are donated and sold for 1,5,10 or 20$ nothing surpassing 20$ to keep the focus of the program about access>funding
This petition is made for anyone to sign. For the Kalamazoo Zoning board what is most important is going to be the input of people within 300ft of this property. How signing a change.org petition for this local issue can help. Is to show Kalamazoo how important projects like this can be in attracting people outside of a community to want to be around something like this. So we are asking if this is something that would make you want to come to Kalamazoo, or if you wish something like this would be built around you. Thank you (Chris, surviving member)
Today: Christopher is counting on you
Christopher Wahmhoff needs your help with “Kalamazoo Zoning comission : Pass the vote to let Edison ducks in a row regrow”. Join Christopher and 39 supporters today.