End the Genocide in Myanmar: 6 Demands to the Government of Canada
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Despite the strong worded letter from our honorable Prime Minister Jusin Trudeau's letter to Aung San Suu Kyi,
despite United Nations calling the Rohingya the “most persecuted people in the world.”,
despite the French President Emmanuel Macron calling the military attacks on the innocent civilians a Genocide,
the killings, rapes, burning villages and displacement of thousands of Rohingyas have not stopped till this day.
Aung San Suu Kyi's latest speech filled with lies in the Myanmar Parliament only has confirmed that she is not at all considering the voice of the world leaders.
Canada's sincerity to the cause of world peace and humanitarian efforts so far have been commendable.
Canada has also played an important role in United Nations peacekeeping operations worldwide and has cumulatively committed more troops than any other country.
Canada's response to this world's worst affected people can't be empty words. While we recognize Canada's funding of $2.5M to the refugees in Bangladesh, we deem this not enough.
Many of several thousand Canadians who joined the rally for Rohingyas at Queens park in Toronto last weekend 16th September advocates for the below demands;
1. Canada must take the lead and lobby with the international communities for immediate humanitarian intervention in Burma through the UN Security Council.
A UN peacekeeping force must be sent immediately to the state of Rakhine to stop the genocide.
2. Canada must use its influence to compel Burma to allow independent investigation on the genocide in the state of Rakhine.
3. Canada must sponsor Rohingya refugees like we have in done in the past in case of Syrians and others.
4. Canada must immediately suspend all foreign aid to the Burmese government and pressurize Myanmar to allow humanitarian aid in the state of Rakhine.
5. Canada must list Ma Ba Tha the group behind the 969 Anti Muslim movement as a terrorist entity.
6. Canada must revoke Aung San Suu Kyi's Canadian citizenship and prosecute her for supporting crimes against humanity.
We the undersigned ask the Canadian government through the ministers holding the relevant portfolios to do everything in their power to fulfill the demands mentioned above and not stop till we see peace and progress in the Rakhine state of Myanmar for the Rohingyas.
Today: Mohammed Shafi is counting on you
Mohammed Shafi Kamal Gani needs your help with “Justin Trudeau: End the Genocide in Myanmar: 6 Demands to the Government of Canada”. Join Mohammed Shafi and 390 supporters today.