Petition to all elected officials in all Canadian jurisdictions:
Prime Minister of Canada, Premiers of all Provinces & Territories, members of parliament in all legislatures, Mayors, city councillors:
- Most jurisdictions in Canada have put in place unprecedented & extreme measures concerning the great Covid-19 scare
- The consequences of said measures and associated restrictions have caused immense suffering to businesses & their employees
- The private sector bares the brunt of the cost while the public sector goes unaffected or even benefits
- Government edicts have forced the closure, massive reduction in capacity and suspension of countless enterprises to operate
- The same people disproportionately affected by restrictions are the ones who contribute to the vitality of Canada, its economy and people's livelihoods
- These very same people are the ones bankrolling the different levels of Government. The catastrophic effect of the extreme restrictions imposed on the private sector threatens future funding of governments
- Deprived from their rights to work & do business, countless owners & employees are forced to live on an arbitrary pittance
- Nobody should be in a special, governmentally-protected class while many others suffer immensely, yet continue to provide for the salaries & conditions of said protected class
- Government expenditures have reached an unsustainable level that will cripple Canadian families for generations
- A majority of Canadians agree that we are all in this together
We, the undersigned, citizens of Canada, call up all elected officials to immediately reduce their own salaries & the salaries of all government employees to a maximum of 500$ per week. This includes the Prime Minister of Canada, Provincial Premiers, MPs, MPPs, federal, provincial & municipal bureaucrats at all level, government and crown corporation executives & employees, advisors, contractors & subcontractors, administrators and other public servants.
This long overdue contribution from our public servants will last until every single restriction put in place anywhere in Canada since the beginning of 2020 be lifted without exemption.
We are all in this together, right?