COVID-19 Economic Impact for Personal Service, fitness, massage, beauty, holistic and all.
This petition made change with 3,761 supporters!
Thousands of Canadian businesses in the Personal Services Sector across the country are closing their doors. Not because of Legislation but because they are choosing to do so for the betterment of the country and through social pressures. The community wants them closed and they are at risk with limited access to safety and sanitation supplies. This is Your Massage Therapist, Fitness Trainer, Hair Stylist, Tattoo Artist, Laser Studio, Barber, Spa.
Provinces without a regulating body to represent the personal service sector such as Alberta, require proper legislation in place immediately; such as a mandated shutdown and confirmation of qualification financial aid, otherwise these businesses feel forced to stay open or will reopen in which case, they would be required to use gloves, masks and other materials important to Essential Services. Most businesses do not currently have access to these materials either way, therefore they cannot be expected operate safely or maintain the practices of social distancing.
As this sector works closely with the public I believe legislation is essential not only for our fiscal protection but the protection of a community at risk. WE DESERVE INFORMATION AND ACTION.
Due to lack of political response, the following business owners are at risk personally and financially due to COVID-19 please sign and share this petition for:
1. NAICS 2012 - 812190 - Other personal care services (ear piercing service
hair removal (e.g., by electrolysis)
hair replacement service
saunas or bath houses
scalp treatment service
weight-reduction centres (non-medical)
3. NAICS 2012 - 812114 - Barber shops (hair cutting and styling, and the trimming or shaving of beards and moustaches)
4. NAICS 2012 - 812115 - Beauty salons (beauty shops or parlours
manicure and pedicure salons)
5. NAICS 2012 - 713940 - Fitness and recreational sports centres (athletic clubs, physical fitness facilities
handball, racquetball, squash or tennis clubs
health spas (without lodging), physical fitness
physical fitness centres or studios
skating rinks, ice or roller
WHAT WE KNOW
- This is a 4+ Billion dollar industry in CANADA
- This was a thriving and growing industry until now
- Elective closure is NOT part of the qualifying factor for those who did not previously qualify for EI and may now apply.
- Personal services in most Provinces are still allowed to operate.
- The qualifying factors for the Emergency care benefit to date DO NOT INCLUDE ELECTIVE CLOSURE OF BUSINESS DUE TO COMMUNITY PRESSURE IN THIS LISTING, NOR DO WE SEE LEGISLATION FOR THE MANDATED CLOSURE OF NON-ESSENTIAL SERVICES OR PERSONAL SERVICES
*update we hope to see the new relief package announced March 25, 2020, include forced or elective closure due to social distancing rules
Please join me by signing this petition in hopes of seeing this action take place through legislation for the support of our Personal Services Community.
Warmest Wishes for Health, Happiness and Prosperity
Esthetician, Educator, Retail Owner in Small Business In Alberta
Today: Amaris is counting on you
Amaris Gamache needs your help with “Justin Trudeau: COVID-19 Economic Impact for Personal Service, fitness, massage, beauty, holistic and all.”. Join Amaris and 3,760 supporters today.