Conceal Carry for Off Duty Police
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100.
1 . On average there are 150 officers for every 100 000 citizens. Less than 70% are on the street.
2. The rate of police strength has now declined for four consecutive years.
3. Due to the changing context of police work and criminal activity, demands on policing is being challenged.
4. As per No. 3, police response times are ever increasing.
5. Criminals are on the go 24/7 and do not follow the laws. Terrorism is on the rise.
6. The majority of officers work alone in a car or municipality with no on duty backup.
7. Officers carry one service pistol with a shotgun or carbine locked in the police vehicle.
8. Officers are not allowed to carry a backup firearm, nor conceal carry one when off duty.
9. We trust the police to carry a firearm while on duty, so we should trust them to conceal carry when off duty.
10. We trust the police to carry a firearm when employed, so we should trust them to conceal carry when retired.
11. At any given time there are more off duty and retired officers around than the on duty officer.
12. Allowing on duty officers to carry a backup firearm will make their lives safer and in turn the public safer.
13. Allowing off duty and retired officers conceal carry a firearm will make them safer and the public safer.
Sign this Change.Org petition and go to the below link to sign the e-petition sponsored by MP Dominic LeBlanc.
Today: Mark is counting on you
Mark Clements needs your help with “Justin Trudeau: Conceal Carry for Off Duty Police”. Join Mark and 7 supporters today.