As someone who works with, loves, appreciates, admires, and befriended several children on the Autism Spectrum I am disgusted, shocked, and sick to my stomach with this treatment. I challenge the supporters of this "treatment" to be on the receiving end of these electrodes and see how they feel.
My step-brother of only a few years is high functioning Autistic. I can't imagine him being shocked for things that he can't control. It makes me sick to even think about. This should be no practice, no matter what behavior its been used to correct. There are other ways to stop unwanted behavior.