Remove poles from Cape Canaveral dunes
This petition made change with 72 supporters!
Taxpayer Funded Beach Uglification
The new street signs on the beach in Cape Canaveral are unsightly and unnecessary. Building and installing them was a waste and misuse of taxpayer money. Please remove them or at least move them back to the side of the boardwalk.
1. The vast majority of the citizens of Cape Canaveral (those who paid for and must look at the signs everyday) already know what street they live on. Did the people of Cape Canaveral demand street signs on the beach?
2. The people on the beach here in Cape Canaveral are friendly, and would be glad to help any lost person find their way. We are happy to help them, but we don’t want to look at signs 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, on the off chance these signs might help them find their cars on Sunday afternoon.
3. The signs won’t help the people who get lost, and the rest of the people don’t need them. When they go for a walk, people either make note of landmarks, or they don’t. Those who note landmarks can find their way back, and the others would get lost, even with the signs.
4. Other beach communities strive to preserve the pristine beauty of their beaches, not to litter them with ugly wooden signs. Cape Canaveral is not different from other beach communities, but other beach communities do not plaster their beaches with ugly street signs. You would never see such ugliness on Vero Beach, or Jupiter or Stuart.
5. The signs are a hazard at night, as people who walk or run on the beach could easily crash into them.
Today: Resist Beach Uglification is counting on you
Resist Beach Uglification needs your help with “Joyce Muse: Remove poles from Cape Canaveral dunes”. Join Resist Beach Uglification and 71 supporters today.