Australians deserve affordable and reliable power!
This petition had 56 supporters
The people and businesses of Australia are suffering from continual increases in the price of electricity and increasing unreliability of electricity supply. This situation is the direct result of Government policies at both State and Federal levels, which have made reduced carbon emissions from power generation a first order issue and have relegated power affordability and reliability of supply to a second order issue.
This situation is now at crisis point and major policy changes are necessary to address and reverse the adverse impact of such policies. The Australian people and businesses urgently require reduced power bills and reliable supply, nothing less is acceptable.
Specifically, we call upon the Federal Government to:
- immediately scrap the Clean Energy Target
- immediately adopt energy affordability and reliability as the first, overriding priority of national energy policy
- designate reduced carbon emissions as a secondary priority
- cease subsidies, in all forms, for all types of power coming into the grid
- call for tenders for new power supplies from any power generators that are interested, including High Efficiency Low Emissions coal fired power generation
- offer long term electricity purchase agreements at a price sufficient to give the energy generators a fair and reasonable return on their investments, supported by a Government guarantee on offtake volumes and pricing
The Australian people deserve affordable and reliable power in order to avoid the impoverishment of our people and businesses driven by ideological policies that will have minimal environmental benefit.
Today: Brian is counting on you
Brian Barker needs your help with “Josh Frydenberg: Australians deserve affordable and reliable power!”. Join Brian and 55 supporters today.